Currently Reading:

Currently Reading:

Station Eleven

by: Emily St. John Mandel


Friday, February 20, 2009

Asian Inspirations

So I tackled making pot stickers and home made fried rice tonight.




I filled the pot stickers with ground chicken, cabbage, beansprouts, fresh ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine, dark sesame oil, salt, pepper, and white pepper. I also made a dipping sauce for these bite size scrumptious delights. The sauce consists of soy sauce, rice wine, dark sesame oil, chili paste, salt, pepper, and a dash of white pepper.


I found that this time folding the wrappers was very much easier and they turned out more uniform. I also added less water to the pot stickers when steaming them and also letting them fry a bit longer after steaming them to make them more crisp.

I ended up with 59 potstickers and 30 of those are now in the fridge waiting for the next time someone to be hungry.

No comments: