Currently Reading:

Currently Reading:

Station Eleven

by: Emily St. John Mandel


Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 2 and 3

Day two of my challenge has me making Chicken Alfredo with home made Alfredo Sauce.

I used the Food Network recipe found fettuccine-alfredo.  Now the recipe doesn't have many ingredients but I found it a bit difficult to get the thickness I wanted without over-doing it. It tasted okay. I added a few crushed garlic cloves to the cream while it cooked for added flavor and then fished them out before pouring it over the chicken and pasta.

 I knew I was going to cook either broccoli or asparagus for the side dishes (turned out to steam both) and I was thinking what else I could do that would be easy and fun.  I came across this recipe Home Made Olive Garden Breadsticks, which were just what I was looking for. They tasted delicious and next time I might not cook them as long because I think they would have been even better!


So the first day and then again here Day Three I tapped into previously prepared freezer meals to stick in the crockpot from this BLOG. Today was Teriyaki Chicken. I had previously added yellow and orange bell peppers and an extra 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce and just put it in the crock-pot and left it.  I decided to again have some more steamed broccoli and asparagus and some long grain rice. This was a very good recipe. I'm excited to have it again near the end of the month. Here is a picture of my plated food:


The rice I shaped by using molds that have placed to press on in the back to help pres them out. I have to confess that I'm usually not very good at cooking rice. The rice you see in the above picture is long gain rice, not Minute Rice, not Boil-a-bag rice...but actual cooked on the stove rice. It turned out amazing like sticky rice. 

Tomorrow is suppose to be Spaghetti. I just realized I don't have any ground beef but right now I'm thinking maybe just boost the veggies with yellow squash, zucchini, and use some chicken/mozzarella sausages.  As a quick note I'm three days in and I'm already thinking about what to plan for next month...I like knowing what we are having and knowing that half my meals are easy to throw together!  Until tomorrow when I report what I did with the spaghetti.

No comments: