Currently Reading:

Currently Reading:

Station Eleven

by: Emily St. John Mandel


Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Basil Chicken Hash





This dish was dinner tonight. I found this recipe on the Food Network's website under the Barefoot Contessa recipes. It looked really good and I had almost everything for this meal. Plus there were potatoes, chicken, and cheese involved (naturally I was on board.) So I worked on the recipe tonight added to the original by using the yellow zucchini and red pepper I picked up at the farmer's market this weekend and a green pepper from my garden. It was surprisingly easy to make (a bit time consuming) and tasted good too. I have decided when I make this again to take a page out of Robin Miller's book and cook the chicken and potatoes in advanced and probably get the veggies cut up in advanced too (like on a Sunday afternoon), then I would only have to brown the Potatoes, caramelized the onions and veggies, and heat the chicken through.

The Yellow zucchini was probably my favorite (aside from potatoes - which is the ultimate favorite food of mine.) It was sweeter than a green zucchini.

So that was a success.

I did have a minor disaster tonight in the kitchen while cooking. I burned my thumb pulled the chicken out of the oven. I hate when that happens (which is too often for my husband's liking).

The Battle Wound

My next post might be my first major failure to report. I am experimenting with truffles (not the mushrooms, but the desserts) and I am trying out White Truffles with Bailey's Irish cream in them. I don't know that they are going to turn out well.

No comments: