Currently Reading:

Currently Reading:

Station Eleven

by: Emily St. John Mandel


Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have been experimenting with soups since moving out to the Pacific Northwest, as with the rain comes yummy weather for soups! What I like most about soups is the creamy or cheesy type of soup that "sticks to your ribs" as my dad would say and leaves you full for a long time. The latest experiment was a slow-cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup:



Recipe:

1 can pinto beans
1 can creamed corn
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of mild enchilada sauce (average heat)
1 can nacho cheese soup
1 can diced tomatoes
2 boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
a dash each of cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper

Dump all ingredients but chicken into crop pot, add chicken breasts and push them down so they are covered in the liquids. Cook on low setting for 8 hours, or high setting for 4 hours. When chicken is cooked through, pull the breasts out and shredded the meat back into the soup.

Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips for scooping!


What I thought:

I loved it! I love the flavors and that you can taste the enchilada sauce. I also like the way it tastes with tortilla chips and cheese. When making it again I would add a can of diced green chiles or some jalepeno (seeded and cored) for more heat. I will be making this again!

No comments: