Currently Reading:

Currently Reading:

Station Eleven

by: Emily St. John Mandel


Monday, April 14, 2008

Chicken a la Queen?

Well I decided to use up the last of the chicken I had in the fridge as well as some veggies I have had sitting around for too long. Being that it rained hard all day today I thought this recipe by Rachael Ray sounded good.

So I set to work on this recipe - chopping the veggies.
Easy to follow, however I decided to use a can of cream of chicken soup instead of the heavy cream. I also did not add asparagus as I didn't have any at home. I halved the recipe for two of us but forgot to half the chicken stock so my recipe came out like chicken a la queen soup. I served it with some store bought oven ready biscuits and some apple juice.
It was comforting and yummy but would like to see it more creamy next time.

No comments: