Currently Reading:

Currently Reading:

Station Eleven

by: Emily St. John Mandel


Friday, April 11, 2008

Chilled Grape/Apple Chicken Salad

This is the truest form of experiment in the kitchen. A co-worker brought something like this in for a birthday party a few weeks ago and I decided to try to make it today because it's fresh and light and a nice lunch. I did not have specific amounts to include, just the list of what she had in her dish.


Chilled Grape/Apple Chicken Salad

1 red Jonsgold Apple, diced
1 Granny Smith apple, diced
3 rips celery, chopped
2 small cans white meat chicken breast (rotisserie chicken would work too)
1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese cubes
1/2 cup Colby cheese cubes
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp Light Mayo
1/4 cup pecan pieces (almonds would work too)
dash of salt and pepper

Take all these pieces and
toss with the mayo, sour cream
and add a dash of salt and pepper.
Refrigerate until serving.

What I did differently than the original:
I added two types of cheese, and I think the original cheese was just jack cheese. I also added two kinds of apples.

What I would do differently next time:
Not sure, i like it the way it is. Maybe leave the nuts out or try like cashews or something.

***EDIT*** I sent the leftovers with my husband for lunch today and he sent me a message saying it didn't look like it was suppose to be a main course (he thought it was a fruity dessert salad) but was pleasantly surprised to find it really good! Yay me \o/***

No comments: