Currently Reading:

Currently Reading:

Station Eleven

by: Emily St. John Mandel


Sunday, January 20, 2013

Book Review #2 of 2013


 


Old Friends & New Fancies: An Imaginary Sequel to the Novels of Jane Austen
By: Sybil G. Brinton
Synopsis: This book pulls in characters from all of Jane Austen's famous novels and weaves a tail of friendship and love. It's a continuation of the beloved characters that many of Austen's fans would devour.
Readability: It is easy to read and seamlessly picks up the stories of all those wonderful characters as if you just turned the page in the original novels.
Predictability :  I was able to predict one of the two love matches, but I didn't see the second one until it was right there in print.
Couldn't Put it Down Factor: I love the idea that all the characters from Austen's novels would have interacted. Many of them mention the same parts of the country and it would make sense that the circles of people would be small in society.
Recommend it?: I would recommend it. It was a nice revisit to "old friends"
Overall Rating: 4 out of 5. Great book, But not one I was bursting to tell people about as I read it (hence the minus one star).

No comments: