Currently Reading:

Currently Reading:

Station Eleven

by: Emily St. John Mandel


Friday, January 25, 2013

Book Review #4 of 2013

Corbin's Fancy
By: Linda Lael Miller

So yes I was just starting another Jane Austen book and set it aside one night to pick up this book that's been sitting on my nightstand. It was a quick read and quite different from turn of the century England.

So I just have to state that I like to read Romance Novels. I know that at times they are very unrealistic, but it's nice to escape into that world just like many people like to watch Romantic comedies (chick flicks if you will). There...I said it.
Synopsis: (shortened from Goodreads:)
When a traveling carnival left Fancy Jordan stranded in the rugged Washington Territory, she thought her luck had run out. Alone, penniless, she welcomed a most intriguing offer -- to live in the home of Jeff Corbin's brother, and coax the wounded, withdrawn Jeff back to health and happiness.
Readability: It's not hard to read, easy to get sucked in and feel the emotions of the characters
Predictability : Well...there are a couple events that happen in the book that are foreshadowed a few pages before they happen. There is a sense of "uh oh - something bad is going to happen" But it wasn't blatant.
Couldn't Put it Down Factor: I read this in less than 24 hours. I may have stayed up late because I didn't want to put it down!
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5. Ms. Miller's books (I've read quite a few last year) are wonderful stories, often period pieces of times that I like to think about. There are intimate scenes in this book, so if you are someone who doesn't like to read about that kind of thing, check out the Love Inspired Romance books; this book is probably not for you.

No comments: