Currently Reading:

Currently Reading:

Station Eleven

by: Emily St. John Mandel


Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review of Orzo and Roasted Veggie Salad w/Black Beans

Okay so here I am a day or so later to tell you how my husband liked my

Orzo & Roasted Veggie Salad with Black Beans...

And the verdict is...he didn't. I don't know if I can blame it on his mood that day or his ability to not taste anything, or if this was just not a main course meal for him. He did find it edible, or felt like he had to eat it in front of me, but did so by pouring soy sauce over it.

My brother, however, did take a small sample the morning I made it and took the leftover serving to work with him the next day.

He felt that the pasta salad was good, he could taste the lemon "dressing" that my husband couldn't. He thought it was a nice, light meal that would probably work better as an appetizer or a side.

I think both of these guys are big into having meat in the food so it was a bit of a let down from the first recipe I made from the book.

I wonder if it would be better with fresher grilled or roasted veggies, and with maybe some cut up rotisserie chicken in it?  Ah well, I guess they can't all be winners...back to the kitchen.

No comments: